Website LEBERRY BAKERY and donut
plant-based and gluten-free treats
***Must work weekends, weekdays and holidays starting 3am. Baking experience is required so please do NOT apply if you don’t have experience. Also, please do NOT reapply. Must live in California within 45 minutes from Pasadena.
We are a donut and bakery shop that specializes in vegan and gluten-free desserts. We are looking for someone who can decorate DONUTS and CAKES, and also bake cakes, pies and pastries. We need someone ASAP. You must be willing to work early mornings; energetical and willing to learn. You can be at-home baker or culinary-trained. Please visit our website for pictures or yelp.
We are looking for a Baker to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies. Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker and be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques. Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
· Open the bakery early in the morning
· Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
· Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
· Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads
· Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
· Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
· Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers
· Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
· Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
· Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
· Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
· Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
· Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
· Understanding of food safety practices
· Experience with cake decoration techniques
· Excellent time-management skills
· Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
· Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
· Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
· Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Must have food handler certificate
Strong Communication skills with team members and management
Self-starter, someone who will take the initiative
Practice punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
No visible tattoo or piercings
Open work schedule availability
Strong work ethic
· Personal protective equipment provided or required
· Plastic shield at work stations
· Temperature screenings
· Social distancing guidelines in place
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com