The Restaurant strong winterization grant
The Greg Hill Foundation has teamed up with Grubhub to create a new grant opportunity for restaurants through Restaurant Strong Fund. To support Restaurant owners in their efforts to Winterize their outdoor dining spaces and increase their capacity for guests, The Restaurant Strong Fund will be providing $10,000 grants to restaurants. These grants will be limited to restaurants that have 5 or fewer locations and within the following cities; Boston, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia. Restaurants will have the opportunity to apply for this grant by providing specific plans on winterizing their outdoor dining spaces. The campaign is supported with a $2 million grant recommended from Grubhub Community Relief Fund and the application for grants will open on Monday, November 9th. The Restaurant Strong Fund will be accepting 1,000 grant applications for each city and initial grants will be awarded to restaurants on a rolling basis starting on November 23rd.
To qualify for grant assistance, a restaurant must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Completed Application Form in one of the Participating Cities
- 5 or fewer locations for the restaurant and restaurant ownership group
- Provide a detailed plan of winterization of outdoor dining space
- Provide restaurant capacities for both interior and exterior dining
- Provide an appropriate explanation for the need for a grant
- If awarded, agree to provide photos of the outdoor setup.