NEW GRANT OPPORTUNITY:
THE RESTAURANT STRONG FUND WINTERIZATION GRANT IS HERE!
With winter right around the corner, outdoor seating is at the top of nearly every restaurant’s mind. Yet this expense can be a costly one that’s not always in the budget.
That’s why The Greg Hill Foundation’s Restaurant Strong Fund & Grubhub Community Fund are giving away $10,000 grants to support restaurant owners in Boston, Chicago, New York City & Philadelphia to winterize their outdoor dining spaces! A total of $2,000,000 will be awarded to 200 restaurants to revamp their outdoor dining area and make space for more guests.
We will be accepting a total of 500 applications per city, with priority given to first time recipients of the Winterization Grant and those that have not received a grant in the last 12 months.
When can I apply?
The Winterization Grant will run from November 29th-January 6th, with awards given on a rolling basis starting December 9th.
What are the rules?
- Completed application in one of the participating cities
- 5 or less locations for the restaurant & restaurant ownership group
- Provide explanation of need and a detailed plan for how funds will be used for your outdoor dining space
- Provide capacities for both indoor & outdoor dining spaces
- Tell us how the grant will impact your business & projected growth
- Agree to provide photos of outdoor setup
How Can I Make My Application Stand Out?
We’re so glad you asked! Here are a few tips on what our reviewers will be looking for.
- Have a clear, detailed plan. Be descriptive! Tell us things like how many tables and chairs you’ll need, confirm that you have/have been approved for a permit (where required), what types of heaters you’re interested in and how many. Have a design in mind? Send it our way!
- Show us where your funds will go. This can be as simple as writing out a breakdown on a cocktail napkin to going all out with making an excel spreadsheet and attaching quotes, screenshots of a shopping cart – anything can show us how you plan to use the grant counts!
- Submit a video. We’d love to hear from you! Show us your passion for your business, walk us through your outdoor dining space and tell us your vision, share your story, or let your waitstaff tell us firsthand how this will impact them. We want to hear from you!
- Be sure to fill out the entire application and provide all requested documents. Skipped questions means less information for our review team.
- Send us “before” pictures. Show us what you’ve got! Even if it’s an empty sidewalk or a picture of the parking lot you plan to re-design, we want to see your before pics.